Category Young engineer. START level
Designing and programming a WeDo robot (and analogs) to perform a task on the landfill
You need to know and be able to
- Creation of a robot structure on assignment;
- programming movement back and forth in time;
- programming the movement back and forth before the event on the sensors;
- application of indication on the robot (sound, color);
- change in motor power;
- waiting for events;
- creation of an interface on a PC;
- moving objects on the polygon;
- stop by time, event.
For the dates of this championship
see the calendar.
Who can participate
The recommended age is 7-10 years. The team consists of 1 participant - individual championship.
WeDo, WeDo 2.0, Scratch 3.0, or other educational software.
Software download links:
- WeDo v. 1.2.3 https://education.lego.com/ru-ru/downloads/retiredproducts/wedo/software
- WeDo 2.0 https://education.lego.com/ru-ru/downloads/wedo-2/software
- Scratch 3.0 https://scratch.mit.edu/download
Summing up the results of the Olympiad
Only the best attempt counts.
1st degree diploma - 95-100% of the assignment,
2nd degree diploma - 81 - 94%,
3rd degree diploma - 70 - 80%,
participant certificate - less than 70%.
Getting ready for the Olympics. Practice:
Before the Olympiad:
- Registration (receipt of payment, consent to the processing of personal data);
- Receiving confirmation by email of the participant;
- Discord - notification;
- Discord - admission.
On the day of the Olympiad:
- Discord - Category voice channel (gramophone icon). Login from one device (we recommend a smartphone). Dialogue with judges;
- Receiving a tsk (Discord chat category);
- Implementing the task by time (debugging №1 - 60 min);
- Test run No. 1;
- Debugging # 2 - 60 min;
- Test run No. 2;
- Olympiad results (award documents - received by e-mail).
After the Olympiad:
The results of the Olympiad (award documents - received by e-mail) no later than 7 days from the date of the Olympiad.